Cover Photo

Cover Photo
There are alternatives to what the system offers

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I Am Down To Eating Carrot And Celery Sticks

Well, it's my turn to have to have a special kind of diet. I have always prided myself on being able to eat almost anything and adapting to changing my eating habits, when necessary, but this time, the tables are turned.

  For the past several months, I have cut out most white sugar by substituting my need for sweets by using liquid stevia or xylitol. I have also found that coconut sugar is an excellent substitute for the real thing. But cutting out anything with grain? You must be kidding?

  Grain products make up probably 75% of my diet, or more. I can't imagine life without bread products or cream of wheat. I can't just let go of pasta, can I? After all, I use imported organic semolina to make my pasta products with.

   Most everything I make is organic and should be safe, at least from an organic standpoint. But can a pre-diabetic person eat organic flour and not have any serious side effects? I don't know. Not yet, anyway.

   So, I have made a start in my diet. Now, instead of having pasta for lunch, or eggs on toast, I will have an omelet. I will make my omelet with as many interesting ingredients as I can find. For example, today I made the omelet with cooked sausage, mushrooms, and cheese. Tomorrow I will make ricotta cheese and add that to the omelet. Somehow, cheese and omelets seem to be made to go together.

   When I come up with a new menu containing the limited amount of food I can eat, I will post it somewhere here, so that others who are newly found pre-diabetic human beings, can find something to eat, besides beans.

   Now for the dessert! Where's the dessert in all this. Step #1 is to make ricotta cheese. You can use ricotta cheese in many recipes, and since dairy products are fine to eat for a pre-diabetic, ricotta cheese is a good choice. Ricotta cheese is used in Italian cakes. If you can find a recipe for Italian cakes that doesn't use flour, please post the url in the comment box!

   I could eat ricotta cheese right out of the bowl. Put some stevia in it and whip it up. Maybe it would make a nice dip for zucchini slices! Not!

3 Foods that can be eaten by pre-diabetic people:

* Omelets
* Ricotta Cheese
* Smoothies Made With Protein Powder (sugar-free)

Oh, and I also found some gluten-free beef jerky in the pantry. After I spend days on Pinterest, I will update my list of allowed foods for pre-diabetic people.

No comments:

Post a Comment