1. Vitamin D3 is necessary for good health. Many Vitamin D3 supplements come with probiotics. Probiotics are so necessary for good gut health.
2. Eat clean. Avoid foods that are processed and have preservatives and artificial colorings. Also avoid food that is genetically modified, or irradiated. When it comes to eating produce, eat organic. Avoid food that has been sprayed with pesticides. Watch the Food, Inc. trailer at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2sgaO44_1c
3. Avoid toxins. Eating clean is included under this. We live in a toxic society, and toxins contribute to our lack of well-being. Everything that touches your skin will end up in your bloodstream. Whatever you breathe in goes into your lungs and other parts of your body. It is not just what we eat, that brings toxins into our bodies. It is whatever we touch or breathe in that also brings toxins inside of us.
4. Detox. There are products on the market specifically made for detoxing. Chlorella is good to use to help with detoxing as well. Maximized Living carries a good detox package.
5. Moderate exercise. Exercise helps the blood to flow better throughout your body. It is also good for your heart. Weights are good to use in exercising. Walking is one of the best exercises to do.
6. I have heard about Earthing and there are people with testimonies of how Earthing has helped them. Earthing is also known as 'grounding'. It involves allowing your feet to touch the soil in order to receive the proper balance of electrons. I know this sounds very weird, and it is not some kind of strange religion. It is very scientific, and I personally can see where it matches what it taught in the Bible about man being created out of the dust of the earth. Earthing is not only done by walking in the soil in your bare feet. You can buy sheets, socks, blankets, and some clothing items that have the same effect as if you walked in your bare feet. It is supposed to help with insomnia. *http://wellnessmama.com/5600/earthing-sleep/
7. Get fresh air and let the air come through your house. Of course, if you have birds in your house, you definitely do not want them to get a draft (birds are very draft sensitive and could easily catch pneumonia and die). You need to get rid of the recycled air in the house. Also, new houses have many chemicals in them that are toxic to breathe in. Grow houseplants which will create oxygen inside the house. If your car is parked inside a garage, make sure that there are no air carriers that would bring in the air from the garage, which would be filled with the gasses from the car that is parked in the garage.
8. Grow Your Own Food - You can do your own gardening and grow your own food, without the use of chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, etc. Gardening can be hard work, but there are several places on the Internet that can help. http://www.gardenweb.com
9. Get adjusted by a chiropractor. This is so easily overlooked or misunderstood. Many think that a chiropractor is one who helps with back problems, but nothing could be further from the truth. Our brain was made to interact with other parts of the body, and the signals from the brain to the other body parts has to go through the spine. Many times, there is blockage in the spine, so the signals from the brain do not get to the body parts that they were intended to get to. A chiropractor works on the spine to open it up so the signal from the brain can go to the organ or whatever part of the body that the signal is being sent to. I have heard that just one adjustment can boost your immunity by 200%!
Products that are recommended for good heath
1. Essential Oils - If you know anything about essential oils and their benefits, you are aware that there are at least two big essential oil brands that are widely used. One is called 'Young Living' and the other is 'DoTerra'. Of course, DoTerra has a line over their o and I cannot make that with my computer! A note about oils and their medicinal purposes: Essential oil companies are not allowed legally to sell their oils by describing their oils as cures for various ailments. The reason for this is due to the fact that, according to the FDA (I think), it puts the essential oils into another category, which would correspond to medicine. In other words, essential oils cannot be advertised in connection with curing diseases, or we would not be able to sell them unless we have a medical license to do so.
(Here is a link to my web site. I would like to write all the benefits of the oils*, that I have here on paper, but it would take too long and make this article too long for people to read through. http://www.mydoterra.com/susanseifert1/#/ )
2. Garden of Life vitamins - If you have to take vitamins, Garden of Life is a good brand. Be careful of just buying over the counter vitamins. Many have been tested and have been found wanting.
3. Juice Plus+. This is one of my favorites. The people at Juice Plus+ have a real vision for getting nourishment into people's bodies. They have created a food item that has the nourishment of the amount of vegetables and fruits for 9-13 servings. They come in capsule form and also available, and not only for kids, they make a chewable version. The chewables are similar to Gummy Bears. Juice Plus+ has a program where children who are ages 4 and up can go on Juice Plus+ at no cost, with a subscribing adult. So, if both mom and dad are taking Juice Plus+, they can have two of their children on Juice Plus+ and they do not have to pay for the children's subscriptions. Other items of interest that Juice Plus+ makes are Complete, which is a protein shake, and bars. For more information, please go to:
http://www.ss.juiceplus.com (Note: Juice Plus+ is not a vitamin supplement. It is much more than that.)
4. Tower Garden. This is one way to grow a garden in one place! Instead of sprawling through the yard, plants are grown vertically. You can grow anything on this except plants with bulbs or that grow underground. http://www.ss.towergarden.com
5. Maximized Living. Very good for learning about the 5 M's. Maximized Oxygen and Lean Muscle (exercise), Maximized Mind, Maximized nerve supply (chiropractic adjustments), Maximized Quality Nutrition, and Minimized Toxins. They also carry a line of supplements and have exercise programs as well as informative videos. http://www.maximizedliving.com
* I can give a couple of examples of oils we use right now. I have heard that oil of marjoram is good to help with snoring. We are using one put out by 'Now' brand called 'Peaceful Sleep'. Peppermint oil is good to help with breathing, but it not recommended to not use on children six years old or under. I am going to make a recipe that will be like VapoRub, but without the petroleum. It calls for coconut oil, shea butter and some oils like eucalyptus and peppermint. I have menthol but it is hard as a rock and I cannot get it out of the jar. I will use it if I can get it to melt.
There is always more to do and learn. That is why I have this blog. We have in no way arrived at our knowledge of keeping well. We are just at the beginning of this.
Throughout History, people always got sick. There were many reasons for this. Some of it was due to unsanitary conditions. Some people only had access to certain types of food. There were times of drought when food and water were scarce. But today, we have an entirely different type of environment, and people, in large amounts, are getting sick and not recovering. Today, we have toxins that civilizations in the past were not exposed to. Toxins are the killer for us. We have toxins in our cosmetics, household cleaners, building products, food, air, etc.
I hope this has been helpful. As I experiment with different things, and find new answers to old problems, I will update the page. As I learn new things, I will write about them. I hope you enjoy journeying with me while I am traveling this road.